Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni (6 March 1475 – 18 February 1564), commonly known as Michelangelo, was an Italian Renaissance sculptor, painter, architect, poet, and engineer who exerted an unparalleled influence on the development of Western art. Despite making few forays beyond the arts, his versatility in the disciplines he took up was of such a high order that he is often considered a contender for the title of the archetypal Renaissance man, along with fellow Italian Leonardo da Vinci.
1. DEATH AND LOVE ARE THE TWO WINGS THAT BEAR THE GOOD MAN TO HEAVEN.
2. FROM SUCH A GENTLE THING,FROM SUCH A FOUNTAIN OF ALL DELIGHT,MY EVERY PAIN IS BORN…
3. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I CAN ACTUALLY DRAW.
4. IF PEOPLE KNEW HOW HARD I WORKED TO GET MY MASTERY, IT WOULDN’T SEEM SO WONDERFUL AFTER ALL.
5. BEAUTY IS THE PURGATION OF SUPERFLUITIES.
6. FAITH IN ONESELF IS THE BEST AND SAFEST COURSE.
7. A MAN PAINTS WITH HIS BRAINS AND NOT WITH HIS HANDS.
8. READ THE HEART AND NOT THE LETTER FOR THE PEN CANNOT DRAW NEAR THE GOOD INTENT.
9. THE TRUE WORK OF ART IS BUT A SHADOW OF THE DIVINE PERFECTION.
10. LORD, GRANT THAT I MAY ALWAYS DESIRE MORE THAN I ACCOMPLISH.
11. IT IS NECESSARY TO KEEP ONE’S COMPASS IN ONE’S EYES AND NOT IN THE HAND, FOR THE HANDS EXECUTE, BUT THE EYE JUDGES.
12. LORD, MAKE ME SEE THY GLORY IN EVERY PLACE.
13. IF YOU KNEW HOW MUCH WORK WENT INTO IT, YOU WOULDN’T CALL IT GENIUS.
14. THE GREATER DANGER FOR MOST OF US LIES NOT IN SETTING OUR AIM TOO HIGH AND FALLING SHORT; BUT IN SETTING OUR AIM TOO LOW, AND ACHIEVING OUR MARK.
15. I SAW THE ANGEL IN THE MARBLE AND CARVED UNTIL I SET HIM FREE.