Mickey Rooney (September 23, 1920 – April 6, 2014) was an American actor of film, television, Broadway, radio, and vaudeville. Beginning as a child actor, his career continued nearly nine decades until shortly before his death, making him one of the most enduring performers ever. He appeared in more than 300 films and was one of the last surviving stars of the silent film era, with one of the longest careers in the medium’s history.
At the height of a career that was marked by precipitous declines and raging comebacks, Rooney played the role of Andy Hardy in a series of fifteen films in the 1930s and 1940s that epitomized American family values. A versatile performer, he could sing, dance, clown and play various musical instruments, and became a celebrated character actor later in his career.
1. LOVE LASTS ONLY FOR MONTHS, SOMETIMES ONLY FOR MINUTES. BUT IF YOU LIKE SOMEBODY, IT’S FOR A LIFETIME!
2. I’VE BEEN STEALING SCENES ALL MY LIFE.
3. ALL I WANT IS TO LIVE A PEACEFUL LIFE, TO REGAIN MY LIFE AND BE HAPPY.
4. ALL THE MUDDY WATERS OF MY LIFE CLEARED UP WHEN I GAVE MYSELF TO CHRIST.
5. I WAS A THIRTEEN-YEAR-OLD BOY FOR THIRTY YEARS.
6. THIS IS THE KIND OF WORLD I WAS BORN IN, ONE IN WHICH I HAD ONLY ONE REASON FOR EXISTENCE: PLEASING OTHERS.
7. IF YOU LISTEN, YOU’LL LEARN. IF YOU TALK OVER EACH OTHER, YOU DON’T ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING.
8. I DON’T REGRET ANYTHING I’VE EVER DONE. I ONLY WISH I COULD HAVE DONE MORE.
9. ALWAYS GET MARRIED IN THE MORNING. THAT WAY IF IT DOESN’T WORK OUT, YOU HAVEN’T WASTED THE WHOLE DAY.
10. I’M THE ONLY MAN IN THE WORLD WITH A MARRIAGE LICENCE MADE OUT TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.
11. I KEEP GOING BECAUSE IF YOU STOP, YOU STOP. WHY RETIRE? INSPIRE.
12. YOU ALWAYS PASS FAILURE ON YOUR WAY TO SUCCESS.