Miranda Taylor Cosgrove (born May 14, 1993) is an American actress and singer-songwriter. Cosgrove’s career began at the age of three when she appeared in television commercials. Her film debut was in 2003, as Summer Hathaway in School of Rock. Cosgrove appeared in a number of minor television roles over several years before coming to prominence on the Nickelodeon TV series Drake & Josh. A few years later, Cosgrove landed the role of Carly, the lead character in the Nickelodeon TV series iCarly. As of May 2010, Cosgrove earned $180,000 per episode of iCarly, making her the second-highest-paid child star on television. She was listed in the 2012 edition of Guinness World Records as the Highest Paid Child Actress for iCarly. Following the success of iCarly, a soundtrack album was released in June 2008, in which she performed four songs. Cosgrove’s debut album Sparks Fly was released on April 27, 2010.
1. I DEFINITELY HAVE GUYS THAT I’M FRIENDS WITH THAT I HAVE A CRUSH ON, AND YOU DON’T WANT TO RUIN THE FRIENDSHIP.
2. IT SCARED MY MOM TO DEATH WHEN ALL MY FRIENDS STARTED DRIVING. SHE ALWAYS TOLD ME SHE WANTED ME TO DRIVE, BUT I THINK SHE KIND OF FELT LUCKY THAT I DIDN’T GET MY PERMIT WHEN ALL MY FRIENDS DID. I THINK THAT’S BEEN THE HARDEST THING FOR HER, WATCHING ME GO OUT WITH MY FRIENDS AND LITERALLY DRIVE AWAY.
3. AS FAR AS MOVIES, I LOVE ‘THE NOTEBOOK.’ I ALWAYS SAY THAT I WISH I COULD PLAY RACHEL MCADAMS’ CHARACTER. SHE’S AMAZING. THAT’S THE MOVIE EVERY GIRL WANTS TO BE IN.
4. MY DAD WENT TO USC AND IT ALWAYS HAD BEEN VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND MY FAMILY.
5. MY MOM IS A REALLY GOOD COOK. I DIDN’T GET THE COOKING GENE, BUT SHE COOKS THIS REALLY AMAZING DINNER EVERY CHRISTMAS, AND THAT’S ALWAYS REALLY FUN.
6. I’M MORE INTO, LIKE, COLOUR THAN, LIKE, THE TYPE OF CAR AND STUFF. I DON’T KNOW MUCH ABOUT CARS, SO I’M JUST MORE INTO PICKING THE RIGHT COLOR.
7. I LOVE THEATER. LIKE, EVERY TIME I GO TO NEW YORK, I SEE A PLAY.
8. I WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE, AND I WANT TO KEEP ACTING AND SINGING.
9. I THINK THE BEATLES ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE’S FAVORITE BAND.
10. I LIKE THE OLD, CLASSIC SCARY MOVIES. I LOVE ‘PSYCHO,’ ‘THE SIXTH SENSE,’ AND ‘POLTERGEIST.’
11. A BIG PART OF WHY I WANTED TO GO TO COLLEGE IS TO MEET PEOPLE AND MAKE FRIENDS.
12. I DON’T HAVE ANY SIBLINGS, BUT I HAVE BEST FRIENDS THAT I HAVE KNOWN SINCE KINDERGARTEN THAT I’M PROTECTIVE OF. IF THEY CALL ME AND TELL ME SOMEONE WAS MEAN TO THEM AT SCHOOL – I WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL AND BE MEAN TO THAT PERSON AND TRY TO STAND UP FOR THEM.
13. I’M ON THE WEB A LOT. I LIKE TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE. SOMETIMES I PLAY SIMS.
14. I’M NOT THAT REBELLIOUS. THERE’S A PART OF ME THAT WISHES I WAS THAT.
15. MY TWO BEST FRIENDS HAVE GONE THROUGH BREAK-UPS THAT WERE REALLY HARD, AND I REMEMBER THINKING, ‘HOW COULD THIS BE SO HARD AND IMPORTANT TO THEM?’ LITERALLY FOR MONTHS THEY WERE REALLY UPSET AND THEY COULDN’T GET OVER IT. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS LIKE. AND NOW THAT I’VE BEEN THROUGH IT, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND.
16. GROWING UP, MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR WAS MY BEST FRIEND AND AN ONLY CHILD TOO.
17. I LOVE ENTERTAINING PEOPLE AND MAKING THEM LAUGH. IT’S MY FAVORITE THING TO DO.
18. I WANT TO GET THE MESSAGE OUT THAT EVERYBODY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
19. I LOVE GETTING MY NAILS DONE. MY MOM’S BEST FRIEND IS A MANICURIST. WHEN I WAS LITTLE, SHE’D DO LITTLE PAINTINGS ON MY NAILS, LIKE FLOWERS.
20. I WRITE SONGS ALL THE TIME IN MY ROOM. I PLAY THEM FOR MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
21. EVERYBODY IN L.A. WANTS TO BE AN ACTOR. I JUST WISH I COULD MEET SOMEBODY WHO DOESN’T ACT OR SING.
22. I DO HOME SCHOOLING. I WENT TO REGULAR SCHOOL UNTIL FIFTH GRADE, AND THEN I STARTED DOING HOME SCHOOLING, WHICH IT’S COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. I HAVE A TEACHER ON SET WITH ME AND I JUST WORK WITH HER, ONE-ON-ONE.
23. I LOVE ENTERTAINING AND MAKING PEOPLE LAUGH. IT’S MY FAVORITE THING TO DO.
24. I DO TEXT A LOT. SOMETIMES, AT NIGHT, MY THUMBS HURT BECAUSE I’VE TEXTED SO MUCH, SO I DEFINITELY TEXT TOO MUCH.
25. I REALLY LOVE MUSIC BUT I’VE ALWAYS WANTED TO ACT.
26. I’M A BIG TANDEM BIKE RIDER… I’VE HAD A TANDEM BIKE SINCE I WAS 12, AND I WANNA BE A COMPETITIVE TANDEM BIKE RIDER ONE DAY.
27. MY IDEAL GUY WOULD BE FUNNY AND FUN TO BE AROUND.
28. MY ROOM IS NEVER CLEAN. I PLAY ‘GUITAR HERO’ ALL THE TIME AND THROW THINGS AROUND MY ROOM.
29. WITH THE ‘ICARLY’ SOUNDTRACK, I DIDN’T GET TO WRITE ANY OF THE SONGS. I JUST PICKED SONGS THAT MEANT A LOT TO ME THAT I REALLY LIKED.