Mischa Anne Barton (born 24 January 1986) is an English-Irish film, television, and stage actress, and occasional fashion model with British, Irish, and American citizenship. She began her acting career on the stage, appearing in Tony Kushner’s Slavs! and took the lead in James Lapine’s Twelve Dreams at New York’s Lincoln Center. She made her screen debut, making a guest appearance on the American soap opera All My Children (1996). She then voiced a character on the Nickelodeon cartoon series KaBlam! (1996–1997). Her first major film role was as the protagonist of Lawn Dogs (1997), an acclaimed drama co-starring Sam Rockwell. She continued acting, appearing in major box office pictures such as the romantic comedy, Notting Hill (1999) and M. Night Shyamalan’s psychological thriller, The Sixth Sense (1999). She also starred in the critically acclaimed indie crime drama Pups (1999).
1. I’M STILL GETTING USED TO CHANGING EARRINGS – IT STILL FEELS REALLY WEIRD TO BE PUSHING BITS OF METAL THROUGH HOLES IN MY EARLOBES THAT WEREN’T THERE A FEW WEEKS BACK, AND ACTUALLY SEEING AND FEELING THE HOLES IN MY LOBES IS STILL A BIT FREAKY.
2. I HAVE A CAREER, I WORKED SO HARD FOR IT.
3. I DO INTELLIGENT ROLES. I DON’T WANT TO BE LABELED AS DOING SILLY MOVIES. I’M MORE MATURE THAN KIDS MY AGE BECAUSE I’M CONSTANTLY SURROUNDED BY ADULTS.
4. THE ONLY WAY TO BE HAPPY AND BE A MORE ENJOYABLE PERSON TO BE AROUND IS TO EMBRACE WHAT YOU’VE GOT. EVERYONE HAS ISSUES ABOUT THEIR BODY, BUT I FEEL CONFIDENT NOW. I’M HEALTHY AND HAPPY.
5. I LOVE TO DRAW PEOPLE’S FACES. I DO THAT ALL THE TIME.
6. PRETTY PEOPLE AREN’T AS ACCEPTED AS OTHER PEOPLE. IT’S LIKE, ‘SHE’S PRETTY AND THIN AND SHE’S GOT TO HAVE PROBLEMS. SHE’S MESSED UP.’
7. I LIKE GUYS WHO ARE CONFIDENT BUT NOT COCKY, WHO ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THEMSELVES, AND WHO KNOW WHAT THEY WANT.
8. IT KIND OF IRRITATES ME THAT I’M SEEN AS THIS PRETTY FACE. PEOPLE ALSO SAY I’M TOO THIN. THE TRUTH IS PRETTY PEOPLE AREN’T AS ACCEPTED AS OTHER PEOPLE. IT COMES WITH ALL THESE STIGMAS.
9. I DON’T MIND NUDITY; I JUST DON’T DO IT OFTEN.
10. I LIKE PLAYING DARK, OFFBEAT, QUIRKY CHARACTERS.
11. I’M NOT REALLY SURE WHAT PEOPLE’S PRECONCEIVED NOTIONS ARE. I DON’T LOOK AT THE GOSSIP WEBSITES – IT’S UNHEALTHY AND I THINK IT’S A LARGE PART OF WHAT DRIVES PEOPLE IN L.A. CRAZY.