Monica Bellucci began modeling at age 13 by posing for a local photo enthusiast.
In 1988, Bellucci moved to one of Europe’s fashion centers, Milan, where she signed with Elite Model Management. By 1989, she was becoming prominent as a fashion model in Paris and across the Atlantic, in New York City. She posed for Dolce & Gabbana and French Elle, among others. In that year, Bellucci made the transition to acting and began taking acting classes. The February 2001 Esquire’s feature on Desire featured Bellucci on the cover and in an article on the five senses. In 2003, she was featured in Maxim. Men’s Health also named her one of the “100 Hottest Women of All-Time”, ranking her at No. 21. AskMen named her the number one most desirable woman in 2002.
1. I LOVE FAIRY TALES BECAUSE I THINK THAT BEHIND FAIRY TALES, THERE IS ALWAYS A MEANING.
2. WHEN I EAT WITH MY FRIENDS, IT IS A MOMENT OF REAL PLEASURE, WHEN I REALLY ENJOY MY LIFE.
3. MY BODY IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME… MY FACE, MY ARMS, MY LEGS, MY HANDS, MY EYES, EVERYTHING. I USE EVERYTHING I HAVE.
4. WALKING DOWN THE STREET NOW IS EVEN WORSE. BEFORE, IT WAS JUST BECAUSE I WAS BEAUTIFUL; NOW IT’S BECAUSE I’M BEAUTIFUL AND FAMOUS. EVERYONE WANTS YOU AT THE SAME TIME, EVERYONE HATES YOU AT THE SAME TIME.
5. TODAY, WHEN I SEE THE SCENE ON SCREEN, I CAN’T HANDLE IT. I LOOK AWAY.
6. IT WAS A FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE,… ON THE SET, YOU COULDN’T FOLLOW THE SCRIPT, EVERY MORNING EVERYTHING COULD CHANGE AND HAD TO BE READY TO IMPROVISE.
7. TERRY GILLIAM IS CONSIDERED IN EUROPE AS A GENIUS,… HE HAS THIS FREEDOM AS A DIRECTOR – THIS FANTASY. AND HE DISCOVERS WHAT HE WANTS FROM ACTORS AS HE DIRECTS THEM, SO YOU HAVE TO BE ON YOUR TOES.
8. IT’S A STRONG WARNING ESPECIALLY FOR ACTORS WHO ARE PRONE TO BEING IMAGE-CONSCIOUS. WHEN THEIR IMAGE IS GONE THEIR WORLD AND LIFE COLLAPSE.
9. THAT’S WHY IT’S GOOD TO BE AN ACTOR ONCE IN A WHILE.
10. GREAT TO WORK WITH TERRY GILLIAM.
11. NOW, ALL THE MOVIES ARE FOR TEENAGERS. IT’S VERY DIFFICULT FOR AN ACTRESS TO FIND REALLY DEEP, BEAUTIFUL CHARACTERS TO PLAY.
12. I COME HERE JUST WHEN I HAVE TO DO INTERVIEWS.
13. SHE’S 10 MONTHS OLD AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I’VE BEEN AWAY FROM HER.
14. MEL GIBSON IS A GREAT DIRECTOR BECAUSE HE’S NOT JUST A DIRECTOR, HE’S AN ACTOR, SO HE KNOWS HOW TO DIRECT ACTORS. I LOVED WORKING WITH HIM. HE’S GREAT AS A DIRECTOR. HE’S SO PICKY, SO INTELLIGENT. HE’S GENEROUS. I REALLY LOVED HIM.