Natalia Mikhailovna Vodianova (born 28 February 1982) is a Russian model, philanthropist and occasional film actress. She is well known for her rags to riches life story and for her eight-season, seven-figure contract with Calvin Klein. In 2012, she came in third on the Forbes top-earning models list, estimated to have earned $8.6 million in one year.
Born in Gorky, Soviet Union Natalia Vodianova grew up in a poor district of the city with her mother, and two half sisters Kristina and Oksana, one of whom has cerebral palsy.
1. I LEARNT EARLY TO HAVE LITTLE EXPECTATION SO I PROTECTED MYSELF FROM EVER FEELING GREATLY DISAPPOINTED.
2. WHEN I REMEMBER MY LIFE IN RUSSIA IT IS IN TOTALLY DARK COLOURS.
3. I KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE NOT TO HAVE FOOD IN THE FRIDGE OR MONEY TO BUY MORE.
4. MY APPEARANCE GAVE ME ACCESS TO A PARTICULAR KIND OF WORLD AND I’M REALLY GRATEFUL FOR IT.
5. I BELIEVE IN REINCARNATION OF THE SOUL.
6. IF YOU ARE AMBITIOUS YOU CAN HAVE A MOMENT OF GLORY BUT IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE TEMPORARY. BUT TALENT ALWAYS FINDS ITS WAY OUT.
7. I COMPLETELY ADMIRE MY MOTHER FOR RAISING A CHILD WITH CEREBRAL PALSY AT HOME.
8. FINDING OUT I WAS PRETTY WAS A VERY NICE REALISATION.
9. MY CHILDHOOD GAVE ME RESILIENCE – AND THERE’S LITTLE THAT CAN SURPRISE ME IN LIFE.
10. MOSCOW IS A HUGE INSPIRATION FOR ME. I LOVE WHAT I FIND HERE, I LOVE BEING HERE.
11. AS A CHILD I REALLY DIDN’T LIKE MEN AT ALL, IN FACT.
12. I THINK PROTECTING YOUR FAMILY AND GIVING TO THEM IS SO IMPORTANT. IT’S THE MOST IMPORTANT ACHIEVEMENT.
13. IT’S BETTER TO BE SKINNY THAN TO BE FAT.
14. WHEN YOU BECOME A MOTHER, YOU THINK LESS ABOUT YOURSELF AND CARE MORE ABOUT THE WORLD.