Nicholas Caradoc Hoult (born 7 December 1989) is an English actor known for his portrayal as Marcus Brewer in About a Boy, Hank McCoy in X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past, Tony Stonem in the E4 teen drama series Skins, and as R in Warm Bodies.
Hoult was born in Wokingham, Berkshire, the third of four children of Glenis, a piano teacher, and Roger Hoult, a pilot for British Airways. His siblings are Clarista, James, and Rosanna, and his great-aunt was actress Dame Anna Neagle.
1. I THINK IF YOU SET YOURSELF SPECIFIC GOALS, THAT’S QUITE A LOT OF PRESSURE.
2. I JUST WANT TO BE A BETTER ACTOR. YOU CAN ALWAYS GET BETTER.
3. I THINK ALL TEENAGERS FEEL ALONE, AND THAT NOBODY ELSE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH AND ALL THAT SORT OF STUFF.
4. I MANAGE TO LIVE PRETTY NORMALLY.
5. I DON’T THINK PARENTS ALWAYS KNOW WHERE THEIR CHILDREN ARE GOING OR WHAT THEY ARE DOING, WHAT THEY ARE UP TO.
6. LONG-TERM BOREDOM CAN NOT LEAD TO ANYTHING GOOD.
7. I DON’T REALLY HAVE DISAPPOINTMENTS, BECAUSE I BUILD MYSELF UP FOR REJECTION.
8. I CAN BE A BIT GRUMPY. I’M FULL OF ANGST, AND HORMONES.
9. I WON’T EAT VEAL, AND MY MUM WON’T EAT LAMB, BECAUSE SHE THINKS IT’S A BIT HARSH TO EAT CUTE THINGS.
10. OTHER PEOPLE’S SUCCESS SPURS ME ON TO DO WELL AND GIVES ME MOTIVATION.
11. IF YOU’RE OUT, AND STARVING, AND NEED A BITE TO EAT, THEN YOU NEED FAST FOOD.
12. I WANT TO GET MORE MUSCLY.
13. IT’S AWKWARD GOING TO PARTIES WITH PEOPLE YOU DON’T KNOW, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY THINK THEY KNOW YOU.
14. THE PAPARAZZI DON’T CARE ABOUT ME.
15. WHEN I LIKE SOMETHING, I LOVE IT, BUT THEN I’LL LET IT GO COMPLETELY.
16. THE ACTION STUFF IS ONLY GOOD IF YOU GET THE CHARACTER STUFF IN THERE AS WELL. SOMETIMES THAT GET LOST IN AMONGST ALL THE TRYING TO MAKE STUFF BLOW UP.