Nicole Scherzinger (born Nicole Prescovia Elikolani Valiente; June 29, 1978) is an American recording artist, actress and television personality. Following her departure from Eden’s Crush, she auditioned for the burlesque inspired recording group, The Pussycat Dolls and she subsequently signed a contract with Interscope Records. The group’s debut album, PCD (2005) and its follow-up Doll Domination (2008) both experienced commercial success. It was a breakthrough in her career that brought her to widespread prominence. Many of the group’s songs became worldwide hits including “Don’t Cha”, “Stickwitu”, “Buttons”, When I Grow Up”, “I Hate This Part” and “Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)”. However, despite their commercial success, the group was plagued by internal conflict which led to the downfall and disbandment of the group.
1. CONFIDENCE COMES WITH MATURITY, BEING MORE ACCEPTING OF YOURSELF.
2. I’VE ALWAYS HAD A FIGHTER’S SPARK IN ME. I WAS BORN WITH IT. I THINK IT’S IN MY BLOOD.
3. I LOVE MAKING DOWN-HOME SOUTHERN COOKING, AND JUST CHILLING OUT AND HAVING CAKES AND PIES AND BAKING STUFF, YOU KNOW. I’M A PRETTY SIMPLE GIRL.
4. A LOT OF SONGS ARE EMPOWERING BECAUSE EVERYBODY WHO HAS BEEN THROUGH A HARD TIME IN A RELATIONSHIP OR IN THEIR LIVES CAN RELATE TO IT.
5. I LOVE WHAT I DO AND I STRIVE TO BE BETTER; THAT’S WHAT KEEPS ME GOING. I’M NEVER A SLACKER, ALWAYS A STRIVER.
6. MY FAVORITE SONGS ARE THE ONES THAT REALLY COME FROM THE HEART.
7. THE PROBLEM IS I’M A PERFECTIONIST, SO THE PRODUCER MIGHT SAY HE’S HAPPY WITH MY VOCAL TAKE BUT I’LL SAY, ‘NO, IT CAN BE BETTER.’ I’LL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL I FEEL I’VE GOT THE TRUTH OUT OF A SONG.
8. I’VE NEVER SEEN MYSELF AS SEXY. I SEE MYSELF AS A GOOFBALL.
9. I SEE LOTS OF WOMEN HAVING BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN LATER IN LIFE. AND, IF NOT, JUST FREEZE YOUR EGGS!
10. I CAN BE QUITE DARING WITH MY CLOTHES BUT I BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE TO FEEL COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT TO CARRY OFF WHATEVER IT IS YOU’RE WEARING.
11. WHEN I HIT MY THIRTIES, THAT’S WHEN I CALMED DOWN AND I WASN’T SO TOUGH ON MYSELF. I WASN’T DOING THE YO-YO DIETING ANY MORE. I GAVE MYSELF A BREAK. I THINK THAT, IF YOU’RE MORE ACCEPTING OF YOURSELF, YOU’RE MORE FREE AND OPEN AND CAN JUST ALLOW MORE PEOPLE IN.
12. LOVE MAKES ME VULNERABLE. IN BUSINESS I’M TOUGH ON MYSELF – I’M LIKE A DRILL SERGEANT. IF I’M DOWN, I’M USED TO GETTING RIGHT BACK UP, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE, YOUR HEART CAN’T DO THAT.
13. I WAS A SHY KID, BUT SOMEHOW I KNEW I WOULD MAKE IT AS A PERFORMER. I’D ALWAYS BE TELLING MY MUM THAT I WAS GOING TO BE A FAMOUS SINGER. IN MY SCHOOL YEARBOOKS I WOULD WRITE, ‘REMEMBER ME WHEN I’M FAMOUS.’ I KNEW I HAD A GIFT.
14. IN NORMAL LIFE PEOPLE SAY, ‘YOU’RE SO DIFFERENT THAN ON STAGE!’ OFFSTAGE I’M DOWN TO EARTH, SIMPLE AND A VERY GOOFY GIRL… I LIKE TO MAKE GOOFY FACES, BE DORKY AND NOT TAKE THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY. I JUST LOVE TO LAUGH.