Nicollette Sheridan (born 21 November 1963) is an English television and film actress, known for playing Edie Britt on the ABC dramedy series Desperate Housewives (2004–2009) and as Paige Matheson of the CBS primetime soap opera Knots Landing (1986–1993). In film, she is known for her roles in The Sure Thing (1985), Noises Off (1992), Spy Hard (1996) and Beverly Hills Ninja (1997).
Sheridan was born in Worthing, Sussex, England, the daughter of actress Sally Sheridan. She attended school at Millfield in Somerset. In 1969 her mother began an affair with Greek-American actor Telly Savalas while working with him on the James Bond film On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. After completion of shooting, Savalas moved the entire family to the United States. Her mother gave birth to a son, Nicholas Savalas, on 24 February 1973. Telly Savalas and Sally Sheridan separated in 1977, and the family split their time between the United States and England.
1. I GREW UP FEELING LIKE THE UGLY DUCKLING, AND THINGS HAVE NOT CHANGED THAT MUCH.
2. I THINK I’VE ALWAYS BEEN A FIGHTER IN A HEALTHY WAY.
3. I’M ACTUALLY MORE COMFORTABLE PLAYING THE STROKE VICTIM OR THE GIRL WITH NO MAKEUP ON, LOOKING SCRUFFY AND IT’S ALL ABOUT WHAT’S GOING ON INSIDE RATHER THAN ON THE OUTSIDE.
4. FOR SOME REASON, HOLLYWOOD SEEMS TO HAVE PAINTED ME AS A GORGEOUS VIXEN AT TIMES OR THE SWEET GIRL.
5. YOU CAN’T TRUST THE INTERNET.
6. THERE WAS THIS THING WRITTEN THAT I HAD GONE INTO A CANDLE STORE, AND MY HAIR WENT UP IN FLAMES BECAUSE OF ALL THE HAIR SPRAY. FIRST OF ALL, I NEVER HAVE HAIR SPRAY IN MY HAIR, AND I’VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS STORE, AND MY HAIR HAS NEVER BEEN BURNED.
7. I AM BEING ACCUSED OF ALL THIS PLASTIC SURGERY, WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE.
8. I CAME OVER WHEN I WAS 10 YEARS OLD, WHICH WAS VERY DIFFICULT BECAUSE EVERYBODY MADE FUN OF ME.