Paul Stephen Rudd (born April 6, 1969) is an American actor, comedian, screenwriter and musician. He has primarily appeared in comedies, and is known for his roles in the films Clueless (1995), Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004), The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005), Knocked Up (2007), Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008), I Love You, Man (2009), Dinner for Schmucks (2010), Our Idiot Brother (2011), The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012), This Is 40 (2012), and Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013). In television, he appeared in the early 1990s on the NBC drama Sisters as the eventual husband of Ashley Judd’s character, and some years later on the NBC sitcom Friends, playing Mike Hannigan, Phoebe Buffay’s boyfriend and later husband for the final two seasons. Other guest television roles have included an appearance on the Tim and Eric show and hosting Saturday Night Live.
1. NOTHING IS EVER CUT-AND-DRIED. THERE’S ANGUISH BEHIND EVERYTHING.
2. THEATER IS THE MOST ENRICHING AND THRILLING THING TO DO AS AN ACTOR.
3. I DON’T CONSIDER MYSELF A COMEDIAN BECAUSE I DON’T REALLY CONCERN MYSELF TOO MUCH WITH JOKES.
4. I’M SURE THAT MY WANTING TO BE AN ACTOR HAD TO DO WITH A NEED FOR APPROVAL.
5. WILLIE NELSON IS THE PERFECT PERSON, IT SEEMS TO ME, TO THINK ABOUT. BECAUSE SOMETHING TELLS ME THAT HE OPERATES ON HIS OWN FREQUENCY.
6. IT’S INSANE BUT IT’S A GREAT INSANE.
7. I THINK THERE’S SOMETHING GREAT AND GENERIC ABOUT GOLDFISH. THEY’RE EVERYBODY’S FIRST PET.
8. AT MY CORE, I’M A MIDWESTERNER.
9. I CAN, AND DO, WALK THE STREET. NO ONE BOTHERS ME OR ANYTHING, BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WOULDN’T KNOW WHO I AM.
10. MY PARENTS WERE MARRIED MY WHOLE LIFE UNTIL MY FATHER PASSED AWAY A FEW YEARS AGO.
11. THERE’S A VERY SPECIFIC THING YOU CAN DO TO GET IN MAGAZINES. I’M MUCH HAPPIER TO JUST SHOW UP AND DO THE JOB. I HAVEN’T TAKEN THE ACTIVE APPROACH TO MAKING MYSELF A STAR. I HAVEN’T BEEN IN A BLOCKBUSTER.