Quentin Jerome Tarantino (born March 27, 1963) is an American film director, screenwriter, producer, and actor. His films have been characterized by nonlinear storylines, satirical subject matter, and an aestheticization/glorification of violence that often results in the exhibition of neo-noir characteristics. Tarantino has been dubbed a “director DJ,” comparing his stylistic use of mix-and-match genre and music infusion to the use of sampling in DJ exhibits, morphing a variety of old works to create a new one.
1. WHEN PEOPLE ASK ME IF I WENT TO FILM SCHOOL I TELL THEM, ‘NO, I WENT TO FILMS.’
2. I STEAL FROM EVERY MOVIE EVER MADE.
3. I WANT TO TOP EXPECTATIONS. I WANT TO BLOW YOU AWAY.
4. DOGS GOT PERSONALITY. PERSONALITY GOES A LONG WAY.
5. I ACTUALLY THINK ONE OF MY STRENGTHS IS MY STORYTELLING.
6. THE GOOD IDEAS WILL SURVIVE.
7. SOMETHING STOPPED ME IN SCHOOL A LITTLE BIT. ANYTHING THAT I’M NOT INTERESTED IN, I CAN’T EVEN FEIGN INTEREST.
8. I DON’T THINK PULP FICTION IS HARD TO WATCH AT ALL.
9. I LOVED HISTORY BECAUSE TO ME, HISTORY WAS LIKE WATCHING A MOVIE.
10. I’M VERY HAPPY WITH THE WAY I WRITE. I THINK I DO IT GOOD. BUT I’VE NEVER REALLY CONSIDERED MYSELF A WRITER.
11. I COULDN’T SPELL ANYTHING. I COULDN’T REMEMBER ANYTHING, BUT I COULD GO TO A MOVIE AND I KNEW WHO STARRED IN IT, WHO DIRECTED IT, EVERYTHING.
12. TO BE A NOVELIST, ALL I NEED IS A PEN AND A PIECE OF PAPER.
13. AS A VIEWER, THE MINUTE I START GETTING CONFUSED, I CHECK OUT OF THE MOVIE. EMOTIONALLY, I’M SEVERED.
14. I HAVE LOVED MOVIES AS THE NUMBER ONE THING IN MY LIFE SO LONG THAT I CAN’T EVER REMEMBER A TIME WHEN I DIDN’T.
15. TO ME, MOVIES AND MUSIC GO HAND IN HAND. WHEN I’M WRITING A SCRIPT, ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS I DO IS FIND THE MUSIC I’M GOING TO PLAY FOR THE OPENING SEQUENCE.
16. I ALWAYS DO AN ALL-NIGHT HORROR MARATHON ON SATURDAYS WHERE WE START AT SEVEN AND GO UNTIL FIVE IN THE MORNING.
17. IF I REALLY CONSIDERED MYSELF A WRITER, I WOULDN’T BE WRITING SCREENPLAYS. I’D BE WRITING NOVELS.
18. I’M A HISTORIAN IN MY OWN MIND.
19. I AM A GENRE LOVER – EVERYTHING FROM SPAGHETTI WESTERN TO SAMURAI MOVIE.
20. VIOLENCE IS ONE OF THE MOST FUN THINGS TO WATCH.
21. I’VE ALWAYS THOUGHT MY SOUNDTRACKS DO PRETTY GOOD, BECAUSE THEY’RE BASICALLY PROFESSIONAL EQUIVALENTS OF A MIX TAPE I’D MAKE FOR YOU AT HOME.
22. I WAS KIND OF EXCITED ABOUT GOING TO JAIL THE FIRST TIME AND I LEARNT SOME GREAT DIALOGUE.
23. I DON’T BELIEVE IN ELITISM. I DON’T THINK THE AUDIENCE IS THIS DUMB PERSON LOWER THAN ME. I AM THE AUDIENCE.
24. A WRITER SHOULD HAVE THIS LITTLE VOICE INSIDE OF YOU SAYING, TELL THE TRUTH. REVEAL A FEW SECRETS HERE.
25. MY PLAN IS TO HAVE A THEATRE IN SOME SMALL TOWN OR SOMETHING AND I’LL BE MANAGER. ILL BE THE CRAZY OLD MOVIE GUY.