Rachelle Lefevre (born February 1, 1979) is a Canadian actress. She has starred in the television series Big Wolf on Campus and had recurring roles in What About Brian, Boston Legal, and Swingtown. She played the vampire Victoria Sutherland in the first two films of the Twilight saga, before being replaced by Bryce Dallas Howard due to scheduling conflicts. She starred in the ABC medical drama Off the Map, followed by the CBS series A Gifted Man and Under the Dome.
Rachelle Lefevre was born on February 1, 1979, in Montreal, Quebec, where she was raised, to an English teacher father and a psychologist mother. Her father’s family is originally from France and Northern Ireland, and her maternal grandparents are Jewish. Her stepfather is a rabbi. She has three sisters and speaks both English and French, though she grew up mostly speaking English. Lefevre attended Centennial Academy, a private high school, and later studied creative arts at Dawson College. She studied theater for two summers at the Walnut Hill School in Natick, Massachusetts, and began a degree in education and literature at McGill University.
1. I ACTUALLY DID NOT HAVE A DATE TO MY PROM. I ENDED UP TAKING A FRIEND.
2. HAWAII IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.
3. I CAN’T PLAY A CHARACTER THAT I AM JUDGING.
4. I GO TO VARIOUS BOOT CAMPS 4-5 TIMES A WEEK, AND I TRY TO GET SOME PILATES IN THERE TO THIN AND TONE.
5. I’M JUST BASICALLY A WORKAHOLIC.
6. MY AWKWARD STAGE EXTENDED WELL INTO HIGH SCHOOL.
7. MOST ACTORS WILL TELL YOU THAT IT TAKES A WHILE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU WANT TO BE BECAUSE WE JUST WANT TO DO EVERYTHING WE SEE ON TV AND DON’T KNOW THAT ‘ACTOR’ IS A JOB YET.
8. I FEEL LIKE THERE’S DIFFERENT KINDS OF EVIL AND THERE’S DIFFERENT KINDS OF VILLAINS, AND AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE TO BE DARK AND PLAYING WITH KNIVES… IT’S NOT ME AND IT’S NOT MY LOOK.
9. MY HAIR WALKS INTO A ROOM BEFORE I DO.
10. I’M ALWAYS LOOKING TO DO THINGS THAT ARE REALLY DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER.
11. I LIKE STEPPING OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE.
12. I CAME FROM CANADA, WHERE IT’S FREEZING COLD FOR SEVEN MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR.
13. DATING AND GETTING ATTENTION FROM BOYS WAS SOMETHING THAT CAME LATER TO ME.
14. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR A REAL LOCATION WHEN YOU’RE TRYING TO SHOOT THE JUNGLE. YOU CAN’T JUST GO ANYWHERE. YOU’VE GOT TO GO WHERE IT’S LUSH AND GREEN AND THERE REALLY IS THOSE MOUNTAIN RANGES, THE TREES AND THE OCEAN.
15. ‘TWILIGHT”S GOT SOME AVID – AND RABID – FANS.
16. I’M OBSESSED WITH BEING HUMAN.
17. I VOLUNTEER WITH SCHOOL ON WHEELS IN LOS ANGELES, AND I ALSO TUTOR WITH KOREH L.A.
18. I DRINK TONS OF WATER. IT ALWAYS SOUNDS LIKE THE LAMEST THING, BUT THERE’S A REASON YOU KEEP HEARING THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. IT REALLY WORKS.
19. THE THING I LOVE ABOUT VAMPIRES THAT I FIND SO FASCINATING IS THAT, UNLIKE OTHER SCI-FI CREATIONS, THEY AREN’T MONSTERS FROM THE GET-GO, THEY’RE HUMAN BEINGS FIRST… AND SO WHAT KIND OF HUMAN YOU ARE WOULD DICTATE WHAT KIND OF VAMPIRE YOU WOULD BE.