Ralph Lauren (born October 14, 1939) is an American fashion designer, philanthropist, and business executive, best known for the Ralph Lauren Corporation clothing company, a global multi-billion-dollar enterprise. He has also become well known for his collection of rare automobiles, some of which have been displayed in museum exhibits.
In 2010, Lauren was declared Chevalier de la Legion d’honneur by French President Nicolas Sarkozy. As of September 2012, Forbes estimates his wealth at $7 billion dollars, which makes Ralph Lauren the 191st richest person in the world.
1. I DON’T DESIGN CLOTHES, I DESIGN DREAMS.
2. YOU HAVE TO CREATE SOMETHING FROM NOTHING.
3. I HAVE HAD A LOT OF GOOD THINGS HAPPEN, BUT I’VE ALSO HAD A LOT OF TERRIBLE THINGS HAPPEN.
4. I WAS VERY INFLUENCED BY MOVIES; I WAS VERY INFLUENCED BY A WORLD THAT HAD A SENSE OF DREAM.
5. I DON’T LIKE IT WHEN A WOMAN LOOKS LIKE A FASHION VICTIM.
6. SOME WOMEN THINK THAT IF THE LOOK THIS SEASON IS MINIS, THEY HAVE TO WEAR MINIS. IF YOU DON’T HAVE GREAT LEGS, THERE ARE PLENTY OF ALTERNATIVES.