Renée Kathleen Zellweger (born April 25, 1969) is an American actress, producer and voice artist. She first gained widespread attention for her role in the film Jerry Maguire (1996), and subsequently received two nominations for the Academy Award for Best Actress for her roles as Bridget Jones in the comedy Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001), and as Roxie Hart in the musical Chicago (2002). Zellweger won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in the drama Cold Mountain (2003).
She has won an Academy Award, three Golden Globe Awards, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, and a BAFTA Award; was named Hasty Pudding’s Woman of the Year in 2009; and established herself as one of the highest-paid Hollywood actresses as of 2007.
1. I STILL FEEL LIKE I’VE CRASHED THE PARTY.
2. ONCE YOU’VE REACHED THE POINT WHERE YOU CAN PAY RENT, YOU CAN GO TO THE VET AND YOU CAN GO TO THE GROCERY STORE, AFTER THAT POINT IT’S ALL THE SAME. I DON’T HAVE THE APPETITE FOR A DECADENT LIFESTYLE.
3. I BELIEVE IN LOVE, BUT I DON’T SIT AROUND WAITING FOR IT. I BUY HOUSES.
4. BEING HORRIBLE IN A BIG FILM IS A QUICKER NOSEDIVE THAN DOING AN OBSCURE FILM AND MAKING NO MONEY.
5. THROUGHOUT OUR COURTSHIP, KENNY TOLD ME THAT HE HAD PROOF THAT SADDAM HUSSEIN WAS A THREAT BECAUSE HE POSSESSED WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. I TOLD HIM, ‘YOU HAD ME AT WEAPONS.’
6. DEEP DOWN, I’M A TEXAS GIRL LOOKING FOR THAT BIG ROMANCE EVERY GIRL DREAMS ABOUT. BIOLOGICALLY, I LOOK FORWARD TO BEING A CORNERSTONE OF A FAMILY. I’LL BE IN MY GLORY WHEN I HAVE A CHILD ON MY KNEE.
7. I REMEMBER JUST LYING IN THE GRASS, STARING AT THE CLOUDS, WONDERING WHERE THEY DRIFTED OFF TO AFTER THEY FLOATED OVER TEXAS. I NEVER WOULD HAVE IMAGINED THAT ONE DAY I WOULD FOLLOW ONE OF THOSE CLOUDS AND FIND MYSELF IN HOLLYWOOD.