Enrique “Ricky” Martín Morales (born December 24, 1971), is a Puerto Rican pop musician, actor and author. Martin began his career at age twelve with the all-boy pop group Menudo; after five years with the group, he released several Spanish-language solo albums throughout the 1990s. He also acted on stage and on TV in Mexico, becoming a modest star in the country. In 1994 he starred on the American TV soap opera General Hospital, playing a Puerto Rican singer.
In late 1999, after releasing several albums in Spanish, Martin performed “The Cup of Life” at the 41st Grammy Awards show, which became a catalyst in bringing Latin pop to the forefront of the U.S. music scene.
1. BUDDHISM HAS A VERY BEAUTIFUL TEACHING THAT SAYS THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO TO YOUR SOUL IS TO TELL SOMEONE THEIR FAITH IS WRONG.
2. THESE YEARS IN SILENCE AND REFLECTION MADE ME STRONGER AND REMINDED ME THAT ACCEPTANCE HAS TO COME FROM WITHIN AND THAT THIS KIND OF TRUTH GIVES ME THE POWER TO CONQUER EMOTIONS I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW EXISTED.
3. IGNORE THE IGNORANT.
4. I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A FATHER. I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL RELATIONSHIP WITH MY DAD AND BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES. I ALWAYS KNEW I WAS GOING TO HAVE A FAMILY.
5. EVERY FAMILY IS DIFFERENT. I AM MOM AND I AM DAD AND I’M GOING TO DO MY BEST. YOU SHOULD BE PROUD, WALK THROUGH LIFE SAYING I HAVE THE COOLEST FAMILY. I AM PART OF A MODERN FAMILY.
6. THE HOMOSEXUAL COMMUNITY WANTS ME TO BE GAY. THE HETEROSEXUAL COMMUNITY WANTS ME TO BE STRAIGHT. EVERY WRITER THINKS, I’M THE JOURNALIST WHO’S GOING TO MAKE HIM TALK. I PRAY FOR THEM. I PRAY THAT THEY GET A LIFE AND STOP LIVING MINE!
7. BUDDHA’S TEACHING ARE VERY SIMPLE, YOU DON’T HAVE TO BREAK YOUR HEAD TO UNDERSTAND THE MESSAGE. THE PART THAT I LIKE THE MOST FROM BUDDHA’S TEACHINGS AND FROM HIS HOLINESS, THE DALAI LAMA, IS THAT THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON IS TO NOT ATTACK, TO BE ABLE TO HAVE SELF-CONTROL.
8. SEXUALITY AND SENSUALITY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS. SENSUALITY IS SOMETHING THAT YOU’RE BORN WITH. BUT SEXUALITY IS SOMETHING I LEAVE FOR MY OWN MIRROR.
9. I EAT EVERYTHING, THAT’S A PROBLEM. I DON’T HAVE DISCIPLINE. MY FAVORITE DISH IS THE CARIBBEAN. MEAT, RICE, LOTS OF GRAINS. BUT I DO LIKE TO DO EXERCISES. LATELY, I’VE BEEN HAVING CAPOEIRA CLASSES AND LOTS OF CARDIOVASCULAR EXERCISES, SUCH AS JOGGING AND CYCLING.
10. I THINK RELIGION IS A BUNCH OF HOOEY, AND I THINK THAT THE HOLIDAYS ARE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PEOPLE TO GET STRESSED OUT, GETTING THEIR RUSH TO SHOP. IT’S SO CONFORMIST.
11. I HAVE BEEN A VICTIM OF STEREOTYPES. I COME FROM LATIN AMERICA AND TO SOME COUNTRIES, WE ARE CONSIDERED ‘LOSERS,’ DRUG TRAFFICKERS, AND THAT IS NOT FAIR BECAUSE THAT IS GENERALIZING.
12. PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM A FORTUNATE HOMOSEXUAL MAN.
13. I JUST WANT MY CHILDREN TO BE HAPPY. I WANT MY CHILDREN TO BE HEALTHY.
14. I NEED TO TELL THE WORLD WHAT I’M ABOUT, MY NATURE, BECAUSE NOT DOING SO WOULD BE TEACHING MY CHILDREN HOW TO LIE. I DIDN’T WANT IT TO BE.
15. I DON’T WANT TO DREAM ANYMORE, I WANT MY LIFE TO BE REAL!
16. WHEN SOMEONE ISN’T READY WE MUST NOT TRY TO FORCE THEM OUT. PEOPLE ARE BEING BULLIED AND COMMITTING SUICIDE BECAUSE THEY’RE GAY AND IT’S HORRIBLE.