Robert Michael “Rob” Schneider (born October 31, 1963) is an American actor, comedian, screenwriter, and director. A stand-up comic and veteran of the NBC sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live, Schneider has gone on to a successful career in feature films, including starring roles in the comedy films Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, The Hot Chick, and Grown Ups.
Schneider was born in San Francisco, California, and grew up in the nearby suburb of Pacifica. He is the son of Pilar Schneider, a former kindergarten teacher and ex-school board president, and Marvin Schneider, a real estate broker. Schneider’s father was Jewish and Schneider’s mother was Catholic. His maternal grandmother was a Filipina who met and married his maternal grandfather, a Caucasian American army private, while he was stationed in the Philippines. Schneider graduated from Terra Nova High School in 1982.
1. I LIKE TO SNEAK IN UNDER THE RADAR. I DON’T HAVE ANY PAPARAZZI FOLLOWING ME OR HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT STUFF. I’M NEVER IN THE TABLOIDS. I PREFER THAT.
2. I TRY NOT TO HAVE TOO MUCH OF AN EGO. I’LL DO ANYTHING.
3. A WOMAN CAN LAUGH AND CRY IN THREE SECONDS AND IT’S NOT WEIRD. BUT IF A MAN DOES IT, IT’S VERY DISTURBING. THE WAY I’D DESCRIBE IT IS LIKE THIS: I HAVE BEEN ALLOWED INSIDE THE HOUSE OF WOMANHOOD, BUT I FEEL THAT THEY WOULDN’T LET ME IN ANY OF THE INTERESTING ROOMS.
4. I LOST THAT EXCITEMENT I HAD WHEN I FIRST STARTED OUT. IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE NEED TO JUST GET A JOB, AND SO I FOUND THE JOY AGAIN WHEN I WAS WRITING DEUCE BIGELOW. I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD AND ALONG WITH MY WRITING PARTNER AT THE TIME, SIMPLY LAUGHING UNTIL WE CRIED.
5. FIRST OF ALL, WEREN’T ALL THE BEST BEATINGS IN THE TRAILER FOR ‘THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST’? I HATE WHEN THE TRAILER GIVES AWAY ALL THE BEST STUFF.
6. I TRY NOT TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT THAT’S GOING TO LOOK LIKE. IF YOU WORRY ABOUT LOOKING STUPID, THAT’S WHEN YOU LOOK REALLY STUPID.
7. STUDIO PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS. UNTIL THEY SEE SOMEONE ELSE DOING IT AND MAKE A SUCCESS OF IT, THEY DON’T OPEN THEIR MINDS. MOST OF THEM ARE IDIOTS.
8. WOMEN ALWAYS FEEL LIKE THEY’RE BEING STARED AT AND JUDGED, AND RIGHTFULLY SO.