Sean Paul Ryan Francis Henriques (born 9 January 1973), known by his stage name Sean Paul, is a Jamaican rapper, singer-songwriter, and producer.
Sean Paul was born in Kingston, Jamaica, to parents Garth and Frances, both of whom were talented athletes. His mother is a well-known painter. His paternal grandfather was a Sephardi Jewish immigrant who had emigrated from Portugal, and his paternal grandmother was Afro-Caribbean; his mother is of English and Chinese Jamaican descent. Sean Paul was raised as a Catholic, however he was aware that he came from an old respected Jamaican Jewish family.
1. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE THINGS TO SAY. AND THAT’S WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO.
2. EVERY TIME YOU THINK A NEGATIVE THOUGHT, IT’S ONE STEP IN THE WRONG DIRECTION, FOR ME.
3. I SEE DANCEHALL REGGAE AND HIP-HOP AS FUSED TOGETHER, WHEN I WAS A KID, THEY WERE THE TWO KINDS OF MUSIC THAT SPOKE TO ME AND SAID ‘MOVE!’
4. I KNOW SOME VERY POLITICAL PEOPLE WHO RAP, AND THEY SAY VERY POLITICAL THINGS AND THEY’LL NEVER GET A DEAL.
5. THE WORLD STILL HASN’T SEEN THE BEST OF SEAN PAUL.
6. I LIKE MUSIC WHEN IT MAKES YOU FEEL.
7. I LOVE THE IDEA OF THE STREET VIBE, HAVING FOLKS TOGETHER, OUT IN THE STREET AT MIDNIGHT.
8. MOST PEOPLE ARE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO STAY TWO, THREE YEARS IN THIS GAME. I’VE BEEN IN IT FOR SEVEN YEARS, AND I FEEL LIKE NOW, I’M JUST BEGINNING.
9. I WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH ANYONE IN THE BUSINESS WHO WANTS TO GIVE RESPECT BACK TO THE JAMAICAN VIBE.