Sharon Vonne Stone (born March 10, 1958) is an American actress, film producer, and former fashion model.
Stone first achieved international recognition for her role in the erotic thriller Basic Instinct by Paul Verhoeven. She was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress and won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama for her performance in Casino. She received further acclaim and Golden Globe Award nominations for her roles in The Mighty and The Muse. In 2004, Stone won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for her performance in The Practice. She has also appeared in such movies as Alpha Dog, Bobby and, most recently, Lovelace.
1. I DRIVE WITH MY KNEES. OTHERWISE, HOW CAN I PUT ON MY LIPSTICK AND TALK ON MY PHONE?
2. I LIKE BEING A WOMAN, NOT A GIRL.
3. I DON’T THINK THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH COSMETIC SURGERY AT ALL. I THINK IT’S GREAT. BUT I DON’T THINK IT’S ALRIGHT TO DISTORT YOURSELF.
4. PEOPLE DON’T CHANGE THEIR BEHAVIOR UNLESS IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE FOR THEM TO DO SO.
5. YOU KNOW, SOMETIMES I FEEL WELL AND VITAL IN THE WORLD, AND SOMETIMES I JUST FEEL SO DISTRESSED I WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT BY THE ROOTS.
6. AT FIRST IT WAS EXHILARATING BUT WHEN I REALIZED IT WASN’T GOING AWAY, IT BECAME SCARY AND CLAUSTROPHOBIC. FAME IS A WEIRD THING.
7. I LIKE TO DRIVE WITH MY KNEES. OTHERWISE, HOW CAN I PUT ON MY LIPSTICK AND TALK ON THE PHONE?
8. I ALWAYS THOUGHT I WOULD ADOPT. EVEN WHEN I WAS YOUNG, I USED TO LOOK UP HOW TO ADOPT.
9. I THINK I AM AGING, BUT I’M ENJOYING THE PROCESS.