Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr. (born October 20, 1971), known by his stage names Snoop Doggy Dogg, Snoop Dogg, and more recently Snoop Lion, is an American rapper, singer-songwriter, and actor. Snoop has sold over 30 million albums worldwide. His music career began in 1992 when he was discovered by Dr. Dre. He collaborated on Dre’s solo debut The Chronic, and on the theme song to the feature film Deep Cover.
Snoop’s debut album, Doggystyle, was released in 1993 under Death Row Records, debuting at No. 1 on both the Billboard 200 and Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts. Selling almost a million copies in the first week of its release, Doggystyle became certified 4× platinum in 1994 and spawned several hit singles, including “What’s My Name” and “Gin & Juice”. In 1994, Snoop released a soundtrack on Death Row Records for the short film Murder Was The Case, starring himself. His second album Tha Doggfather (1996), also debuted at No. 1 on both charts with “Snoop’s Upside Ya Head” as the lead single. The album was certified double platinum in 1997.
1. IT’S SO EASY FOR A KID TO JOIN A GANG, TO DO DRUGS… WE SHOULD MAKE IT THAT EASY TO BE INVOLVED IN FOOTBALL AND ACADEMICS.
2. WELL, HIP-HOP IS WHAT MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND.
3. BRITNEY WOULD MAKE A BETTER PROSTITUTE THAN CHRISTINA. SHE’S THICKER.
4. IF YOU STOP AT GENERAL MATH, YOU’RE ONLY GOING TO MAKE GENERAL MATH MONEY.
5. I JUST CHANGE WITH THE TIMES. I REALLY DON’T HAVE A SAY IN WHAT’S GOING ON. MUSIC WAS HERE BEFORE ME.
6. I LOVE MAKING MUSIC AND I’M FALLING IN LOVE WITH MAKING RECORDS, SO IT’S LIKE HAVING TWO GIRLFRIENDS. BUT I CAN HANDLE IT.
7. IF THE RIDE IS MORE FLY, THEN YOU MUST BUY.
8. SNOOP SCORSESE, THAT’S MY DIRECTOR NAME.
9. A LOT OF BRANDS, YOU CAN’T TOUCH THEM. WHEN YOU’RE DEALING WITH SNOOP DOGG, HE BRINGS YOU CLOSER TO THE BRAND AND IT FEELS LIKE IT’S A PART OF YOU.
10. BARACK OBAMA MAKES ME FEEL GOOD TO BE A BLACK MAN.
11. I LIKE GOING TO AREAS WHERE THE MURDER RATE IS HIGH AND DROPPING IT.
12. YOU’VE GOT TO ALWAYS GO BACK IN TIME IF YOU WANT TO MOVE FORWARD.
13. SOMETIMES A LOSS IS THE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN. IT TEACHES YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE NEXT TIME.