Steven James “Steve” Zahn (born November 13, 1967) is an American actor and comedian.
Zahn was born in Marshall, Minnesota, the son of Zelda, who worked for the YMCA, and Carleton Edward Zahn, a retired Missouri Synod Lutheran pastor. His father is of German and Swedish descent, and his mother is of German ancestry. Zahn spent part of his childhood in Mankato, Minnesota, attending Kennedy Elementary School, and later moved to the suburbs of Minneapolis. After attending Robbinsdale Cooper High School, Gustavus Adolphus College, and the Institute for Advanced Theater Training at American Repertory Theater at Harvard University, his first professional acting role was in Biloxi Blues, a Minnesota production at the Old Log Theater; but his first big break came in 1994, when he was noticed by actor/director Ben Stiller, who cast him in his picture, Reality Bites.
1. I’M A GOOD DAD; I SPEND A LOT OF TIME WITH MY KIDS.
2. FILM IS A STRANGE THING.
3. I LIVED IN MINNESOTA IN A SMALL TOWN.
4. LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, PLANES AND KIDS… I’VE GOT A 3 AND 1 YEAR OLD, I DON’T WISH THAT ON ANYBODY.
5. YOU WORK WITH STAND-UP COMEDIANS OR YOU WORK WITH SOMEBODY IN THEATER, YOU WORK WITH SOMEBODY FROM ‘STAR SEARCH’ OR ‘SURVIVOR’ OR A KID, IT CONSTANTLY CHANGES HOW YOU PLAY WITH PEOPLE.
6. I MOVED TO NEW YORK TO DO THEATER, AND I GOT CAST IN A PLAY THAT WAS FUNNY, AND THEN I WAS THE FUNNY GUY. I DID A MOVIE THAT WAS FUNNY, AND THEN I WAS THE FUNNY GUY.
7. MOST PEOPLE LAUGH AT SITUATIONS RATHER THAN A TAGLINE ANYWAY.
8. I DON’T CARE IF YOU’VE JUST WON AN OSCAR, YOU STILL HAVE TO CAMPAIGN FOR PARTS.