Michael Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone (born July 6, 1946), known as Sylvester Stallone, is an American actor, filmmaker, screenwriter, film director and occasional painter. Stallone is well known for his Hollywood action roles. Two notable characters he has portrayed are the boxer Rocky Balboa and soldier John Rambo.
Stallone’s film Rocky was inducted into the National Film Registry as well as having its film props placed in the Smithsonian Museum. Stallone’s use of the front entrance to the Philadelphia Museum of Art in the Rocky series led the area to be nicknamed the Rocky Steps. Philadelphia has a statue of his Rocky character placed permanently near the museum. It was announced on December 7, 2010 that Stallone was voted into boxing’s Hall of Fame.
1. REAL LOVE IS WHEN YOU BECOME SELFLESS AND YOU ARE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR MATE’S OR CHILDREN’S EGOS THAN YOUR OWN. YOU’RE NOW A GIVER INSTEAD OF A TAKER.
2. SUCCESS IS USUALLY THE CULMINATION OF CONTROLLING FAILURE.
3. I BELIEVE THERE’S AN INNER POWER THAT MAKES WINNERS OR LOSERS. AND THE WINNERS ARE THE ONES WHO REALLY LISTEN TO THE TRUTH OF THEIR HEARTS.
4. WHEN I WAS IN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL, THE TEACHERS VOTED ME THE STUDENT MOST LIKELY TO END UP IN THE ELECTRIC CHAIR.
5. I TAKE REJECTION AS SOMEONE BLOWING A BUGLE IN MY EAR TO WAKE ME UP AND GET GOING, RATHER THAN RETREAT.
6. THAT’S WHAT ROCKY IS ALL ABOUT: PRIDE, REPUTATION, AND NOT BEING ANOTHER BUM IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.
7. ONCE IN ONE’S LIFE, FOR ONE MORTAL MOMENT, ONE MUST MAKE A GRAB FOR IMMORTALITY; IF NOT, ONE HAS NOT LIVED.
8. REMBO ISN’T VIOLET. I SEE REMBO AS A PHILANTHROPIST.
9. PLAYING POLO IS LIKE TRYING TO PLAY GOLF DURING AN EARTHQUAKE.
10. I RESPECT A WOMAN TOO MUCH TO MARRY HER.
11. I’VE BEEN INVOLVED IN SOMETHING WHICH WAS CHAOTIC AND INSANE. ALL I CAN SAY NOW IS THAT I AM, AND INTEND TO STAY, A SINGLE MAN.
12. I’M VERY, VERY HUMBLED BY THAT. THERE’S A LOT OF COMPETITION OUT THERE.
13. THE ONLY HAPPY ARTIST IS A DEAD ARTIST, BECAUSE ONLY THEN YOU CAN’T CHANGE. AFTER I DIE, I’LL PROBABLY COME BACK AS A PAINTBRUSH.
14. LIKE I SAID. I’VE GOT TOO MUCH RESPECT FOR WOMEN TO MARRY THEM, BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN’T SUPPORT THEM EMOTIONALLY AND FINANCIALLY.
15. ONCE IS A MAN’S LIFE, FOR ONE MORTAL MOMENT, HE MUST MAKE A GRAB FOR IMMORALITY; IF NOT, HE HAS NOT LIVED.
16. MIKE MADE A MISTAKE MAKING ‘ROCKY’ AND UNLEASHING ME TO THE PUBLIC.
17. IT’S GOING GREAT– THERE’S A LOT OF HEART IN IT.
18. I’M VERY, VERY HUMBLED BY THAT.
19. JUST TO COMPETE, NOT TO WIN.
20. THE PRESS, BY AND LARGE, ARE FANTASTIC: WE’RE TALKING ABOUT A SMALL RENEGADE GROUP. THEY’RE STALKERS, LEGALIZED STALKERS.
21. WE’LL TRY TO CAPTURE THE ESSENCE OF THE FIRST COUPLE OF FILMS.
22. THERE’S A COMPUTER FIGHT BETWEEN THE REIGNING WORLD CHAMPION AND BALBOA, AND BALBOA WINS.