Taylor Daniel Lautner (born February 11, 1992) is an American actor, model, and martial artist. Lautner is best known for playing Jacob Black in The Twilight Saga film series based on the novels of the same name by Stephenie Meyer.
As a child, Lautner took up martial arts in Holland, Michigan and was ranked number one in his category by the American Sports Karate Association. Lautner later began his acting career, appearing in bit roles in comedy series such as The Bernie Mac Show (2003) and My Wife and Kids (2004), before having voice roles in television series like What’s New, Scooby-Doo? (2005) and Danny Phantom (2005). In 2005, he appeared in the film Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and starred in The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D. He also starred in the 2011 action film Abduction.
1. HONESTY AND LOYALTY ARE KEY. IF TWO PEOPLE CAN BE HONEST WITH EACH OTHER ABOUT EVERYTHING, THAT’S PROBABLY THE BIGGEST KEY TO SUCCESS.
2. I BELIEVE IN THE SAYING, ‘IF YOU AIM AT NOTHING, YOU’RE GOING TO HIT NOTHING.’ SO IF YOU DON’T SET GOALS, THEN YOU HAVE NOWHERE TO GO.
3. MY PARENTS ARE PRETTY GOOD ABOUT KEEPING ME HUMBLE. THEY BROUGHT ME UP GOOD.
4. I GOT THE FAMOUS OPRAH HUG!
5. PLAYING HARD TO GET IS NOT THE WAY TO WIN ME OVER. I’M DEFINITELY MORE FOR THE GIRL WHO CAN SMILE AND LAUGH ALL THE TIME AND JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME!
6. THE THING I LOVE IS THAT MY HOME LIFE HASN’T CHANGED. I STILL HELP OUT WITH THE GARBAGE. I STILL HELP OUT WITH THE LAWN.
7. I HAVE HAD SOMEONE ASK ME TO SIGN THEIR ‘TEAM TAYLOR’ PANTIES. SHE WASN’T A TEENAGER. SHE WAS IN HER 40S.
8. I’M NOT THE BIGGEST MOTORCYCLE FAN – THEY’RE COOL AND A LOT OF FUN, BUT THEY’RE SCARY AS WELL!
9. A DREAM ACTING ROLE WOULD BE MATT DAMON IN THE BOURNE SERIES. I WOULD LOVE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!
10. I ALWAYS PLAYED SPORTS WHEN I WAS YOUNG. I PLAYED FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL FOR EIGHT YEARS. I LOVED FOOTBALL.
11. I LIKE TO HAVE FUN, BUT I DON’T THINK OF MYSELF AS BEING FUNNY. BUT I’M A BIG JOKESTER, SO I MAKE FUN OF MYSELF A LOT!
12. I LIVE WITH MY FAMILY. I MOVED TO L.A. EIGHT YEARS AGO, AND IT’S THE SAME ROOM. BUT I’M LOOKING NOW. I MIGHT GET A CONDO.
13. I LOVE TO HAVE FUN AND GOOF AROUND AND BE SILLY, SO ANYBODY WHO CAN ALSO DO THAT IS GOOD FOR ME.
14. I LOVE ACTION FILMS. I’D LOVE TO DO AN ACTION DRAMA. I’M ALWAYS LOOKING TO GIVE MY CHARACTER SOMETHING ACTION-ORIENTED TO DO.
15. I LIKE TO THINK OF MYSELF AS VERY LOYAL, AND I LOVE EVERYONE I SURROUND MYSELF WITH, WHETHER THEY’RE FRIENDS OR GIRLFRIENDS OR WHATEVER.
16. I DON’T WANT TO BECOME KNOWN AS JUST A BODY.
17. I DO LOVE TRAVELING, SO I’VE BEEN ABLE TO TRAVEL A LOT.
18. THE COOLEST THING ABOUT THE SERIES IS THAT WE STAY VERY TRUE TO THE BOOKS; IT WOULD BE SILLY FOR US NOT TO, BECAUSE THE BOOKS ARE EXACTLY WHAT THE FANS WANT TO SEE. THERE’S AN ACTION SIDE TO IT, WHICH I LOVE, AND THERE ARE WEREWOLVES NOW. THERE AREN’T JUST VAMPIRES. THERE’S A WOLF PACK.
19. I BOUNCE MY KNEES, BUT I DO NOT HAVE RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME. I DID AN INTERVIEW, I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHO IT WAS WITH, AND THEY SAID I TOLD THEM I HAVE RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME AND IT DISTRACTS ME FROM MY WORK. I DO NOT HAVE ANY SYNDROME.
20. THE DAY I FINISHED ‘TWILIGHT,’ I CAME HOME AND STARTED BULKING UP. FOR ‘NEW MOON,’ I’M 30 POUNDS HEAVIER THAN I WAS IN ‘TWILIGHT.’
21. AT ONE POINT I HAD TO SHOVE AS MUCH FOOD IN MY BODY AS POSSIBLE TO PACK ON CALORIES. MY TRAINER WANTED ME TO DO SIX MEALS A DAY AND NOT GO TWO HOURS WITHOUT EATING. IF I WOULD CHEAT ON EATING ONE DAY, I COULD TELL – I’D DROP A FEW POUNDS.