Taylor Michel Momsen (born July 26, 1993) is an American actress, musician, and model, who portrayed the character of Jenny Humphrey on the CW television series Gossip Girl and Cindy Lou Who in Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas. She fronts the rock band The Pretty Reckless.
Taylor Momsen was born on July 26, 1993, in St. Louis, Missouri. Her parents are Michael and Collette Momsen and she has a younger sister, Sloane Momsen, who is also an actress. She has Russian ancestry. She was raised Roman Catholic and attended Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School for elementary school and later attended Herbert Hoover Middle School in Potomac, Maryland. She studied dance at the Center of Creative Arts in St. Louis. Momsen was signed with Ford Models at the age of two of what she says “My parents signed me up with Ford [Modeling] at the age of 2. No 2-year-old wants to be working, but I had no choice. My whole life, I was in and out of school. I didn’t have friends. I was working constantly and I didn’t have a real life.” She began acting professionally at three years of age with a national commercial for Shake ‘n Bake. She was then cast in The Prophet’s Game.
1. PEOPLE MISINTERPRET WHAT I SAY ALL THE TIME: THEY THINK I’M BEING OFFENSIVE, WHEN REALLY, I’M ONLY BEING OPINIONATED.
2. I’M JUST LIVING MY LIFE, AND I’M NOT GONNA LIVE MY LIFE FOR OTHER PEOPLE.
3. MY LYRICS ARE MY DIARY – YOU’RE HEARING EVERY DETAIL OF MY LIFE.
4. I HAVE MY FAVOURITE BLACK KNIFE WITH ME ALL THE TIME. IT’S A SWITCHBLADE. IT RELAXES ME TO FLICK IT.
5. I DON’T WANNA BE COURTNEY LOVE – I WANNA BE KURT COBAIN.
6. I DON’T REALLY LIKE PANTS, MAN. I LIKE TIGHTS. I’M NOT REALLY A PANTS PERSON. I CHOOSE NOT TO WEAR PANTS.
7. I LOVE MY MOM AND DAD.
8. I’M COMPLETELY NEUROTIC, TOTALLY ANXIOUS AND HIGH-STRUNG ALL THE TIME.
9. I’M NOT INTERESTED IN PLAYING THE FIELD AND ALL THAT STUFF BECAUSE FRANKLY I’M NOT INTO FRIVOLOUS RELATIONSHIPS.
10. I’D CALL MY MUSIC ROCK BUT WITH POP HOOKS.
11. I DON’T WORK WITH A STYLIST.
12. DON’T HATE ME FOR WHAT TABLOIDS WRITE ABOUT ME, BECAUSE I GUARANTEE IT’S A LIE.
13. I THINK ROBERT PLANT IS THE QUINTESSENTIAL FRONTMAN – JUST THE WAY HE MOVES. HIS VOICE IS SUPERHUMAN.
14. GENERALLY, I LIKE MAKING MY OWN MISTAKES AND LEARNING FROM THEM BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT I THINK LIFE IS ABOUT.
15. ‘DARKNESS’ IS A SUBJECTIVE WORD; IT DEPENDS WHAT YOUR VIEWPOINT IS AND HOW YOU LIVE LIFE.
16. EVERY NOW AND AGAIN I WANT TO GO TO THE BEACH AND BE IN THE SUN, BUT THAT’S A VERY RARE FEELING, SO I COULD LIVE IN LONDON, DEFINITELY.
17. I’M PRETTY, BUT I’M NOT, LIKE, A ‘PRETTY GIRL.’
18. I MEAN YEAH, YOUR INDIVIDUAL STYLE IS YOUR IMPRESSION TO THE WORLD.
19. I HAVE A KNIFE COLLECTION.
20. YOU CAN SPEND YOUR WHOLE LIFE PLANNING. BUT ONCE YOU’RE READY, GET OUT THERE AND START DOING IT.
21. BOYS ARE SO MUCH LESS MATURE THAN GIRLS AS IT IS.
22. MY STYLE’S NOT FOR EVERYONE – I’M AN EXTREMIST.
23. I AM TRYING TO DO MY OWN THING, BUT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE COMPARISONS, EVEN IF I DON’T AGREE WITH THEM.
24. I GET TOLD ALL THE TIME THAT I’M A FASHION ICON NOW, BUT I DON’T REALLY KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. I JUST GET DRESSED.
25. I’VE NEVER HAD FRIENDS, AND I DON’T LIKE TO BE AROUND BIG GROUPS OF PEOPLE.