Anna Mae Bullock (born November 26, 1939), known by her stage name Tina Turner, is a singer, dancer, actress, and author, whose career has spanned more than half a century, earning her widespread recognition and numerous awards. Born and raised in the American South, she is now a Swiss citizen. In her autobiography, I, Tina, she revealed several instances of severe domestic abuse against her by Ike Turner prior to their 1976 split and subsequent 1978 divorce. Raised as a Baptist, she melded her faith with Buddhism in 1971, crediting the religion and its spiritual chant of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo for helping her to endure during difficult times.
1. I BELIEVE IN PRAYER AND IN STRONG BELIEF.
2. FOR ME THE GODDESS IS THE FEMALE OF GOD, SHE IS POWERFUL IF DIFFERENT.
3. PHYSICAL STRENGTH IN A WOMAN – THAT’S WHAT I AM.
4. I WILL NEVER GIVE IN TO OLD AGE UNTIL I BECOME OLD. AND I’M NOT OLD YET!
5. I BELIEVE THAT IF YOU’LL JUST STAND UP AND GO, LIFE WILL OPEN UP FOR YOU.
6. I’M NOT WISE, BUT THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM IS THERE; IT’S LIKE RELAXING INTO – AND AN ACCEPTANCE OF – THINGS.
7. I’M PERFECTLY FINE NOW IF I NEVER WENT ON STAGE AGAIN.
8. THIS IS WHAT I WANT IN HEAVEN… WORDS TO BECOME NOTES AND CONVERSATIONS TO BE SYMPHONIES.
9. MY LEGACY IS THAT I STAYED ON COURSE… FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END, BECAUSE I BELIEVED IN SOMETHING INSIDE OF ME.
10. I REGRET NOT HAVING HAD MORE TIME WITH MY KIDS WHEN THEY WERE GROWING UP.
11. DELHI CAME AS A SHOCK. THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE, AND OH, THE TRAFFIC.
12. I DON’T LIKE TO DWELL ON THE PAST.
13. BUT I BELIEVE WE HAVE A HIGHER LEVEL OF MENTALITY WITHIN US, BUT WE HAVE TO USE THE POWER IN THE RIGHT WAY.