Thomas “Tom” Ford (born August 27, 1961) is an American fashion designer and film director. He gained international fame for his turnaround of Gucci and the creation of the Tom Ford label before directing the Oscar-nominated film A Single Man.
Tom Ford was born August 27, 1961, in Austin, Texas, to realtors Tom Ford and Shirley Burton. He spent his early life in the suburbs of Houston, Texas, and in San Marcos, outside Austin; his family moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico, when he was 11. In Santa Fe, he entered St. Michael’s High School and later moved to Santa Fe Preparatory School, from which he graduated in 1979. Ford left Santa Fe at age 16, when he enrolled at Bard College at Simon’s Rock, but quickly dropped out. He then moved to New York City to study art history at New York University.
1. SEPTEMBER 11TH WAS A MOMENT WHEN AMERICA HAD THE SYMPATHY OF THE WORLD.
2. WHEN THE YOUTH OF AMERICA GETS TOGETHER, AMAZING THINGS HAPPEN.
3. CERTAIN DIRECTORS ARE KNOWN FOR A CERTAIN KIND OF BEAUTY; IT BECOMES THEIR SIGNATURE.
4. I’M A PRETTY CALM PERSON. THAT CAME FROM LIVING IN ITALY FOR A LONG TIME. NOTHING WORKS, NOTHING IS ON TIME. YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT.
5. I HATE TRICKY FACIAL HAIR. IF YOUR FACIAL HAIR IS TOO SPOTTY IN PLACES, SHAVE. JUST FORGET ABOUT IT.
6. THERE AREN’T MANY STRONG OR CHARISMATIC CANDIDATES TODAY, BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE CAN’T WITHSTAND THE SCRUTINY.
7. I JUST WANT TO MAKE BEAUTIFUL, GLAMOROUS CLOTHES.
8. I COULDN’T HAVE CARED LESS ABOUT GUCCI WHEN I FIRST WENT THERE – BUT SOON AFTER I ARRIVED, I CARED A LOT.
9. I’M ACTUALLY VERY INTROVERTED. I’M VERY SHY. I’M VERY EMOTIONAL.
10. I WAS NOT POPULAR. I WAS THE KID IN SCHOOL THAT WAS BULLIED.
11. WHEN I WAS A KID, I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BE AN ACTOR.
12. I THINK THAT THEY HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO PERFECT A GOOD FACELIFT FOR A MAN.
13. THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH ANKLES. BUT ONLY IF YOU’RE PLAYING FOOTBALL IN THE PARK.