Vincent Cassel (born Vincent Crochon, 23 November 1966) is a Cesar Award-winning French actor best known to English-speaking audiences through his film performances in Ocean’s Twelve and Ocean’s Thirteen, as well as Black Swan. Cassel is also renowned for playing the infamous French bank-robber and folk hero, Jacques Mesrine in Mesrine: Killer Instinct and Mesrine: Public Enemy Number One. Cassel’s brother, Mathias, is a rapper with the group Assassin under the name “Rockin’ Squat”. His half-sister, Cécile Cassel, is an actress.
1. I’M PRODUCING MORE, BUT I THINK TO DIRECT, ONE HAS TO HAVE A BURNING DESIRE, AND THAT’S NOT ME. I’D RATHER DO SOMETHING ELSE.
2. I LOVE FRENCH STYLE FROM THE THIRTIES AND FORTIES. FRENCH MOVIE STARS LIKE JEAN GABIN AND YVES MONTAND HAD SO MUCH NATURAL, EFFORTLESS STYLE.
3. WHEN YOU SEE VIOLENCE IN MOVIES IN GENERAL, IT’S VERY QUICK AND PAINLESS, WHICH ISN’T WHAT IT’S LIKE.
4. MY FATHER IS BEST KNOWN FOR HIS LIGHT COMEDIES, AND I’M BEST KNOWN FOR CRAZY BAD GUYS WITH SHORT TEMPERS.
5. I DON’T REALLY SHOP ANY MORE. I ONLY DO IT WHEN I HAVE TO. I THINK IT IS VERY OVERRATED.
6. I HAVE LEARNED THAT ACTING IS NOT ABOUT BEAUTY.
7. I REALLY ENJOY BEING AN ACTOR!
8. I WORKED WITH YOUNG DIRECTORS ALL MY LIFE, ONLY YOUNG DIRECTORS.
9. I’M A LITTLE ANGRY IN LIFE.
10. I WEAR A LOT OF WIGS AS JACQUES MESRINE. HE’D WEAR MULTIPLE WIGS AND TAKE THEM OFF ONE AT A TIME TO ROB THREE BANKS IN ONE HOUR.
11. THERE’S ONLY SO MUCH YOU CAN CONTROL IN LIFE.
12. THEY SAY THE DAY YOU LOSE YOUR PARENTS, YOU START TO LOOK LIKE THEM.