Whoopi Goldberg (born November 13, 1955) is an American comedienne, actress, singer-songwriter, political activist, author and talk show host. Although Goldberg made her film debut in the avant-garde ensemble film Citizen: I’m Not Losing My Mind, I’m Giving It Away (1982), her breakthrough role was playing Celie, a mistreated black woman in the Deep South in the period drama film The Color Purple (1985).
1. NORMAL IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.
2. NORMAL IS NOTHING MORE THAN A CYCLE ON A WASHING MACHINE.
3. I DON’T HAVE PET PEEVES; I HAVE WHOLE KENNELS OF IRRITATION.
4. I AM WHERE I AM BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN ALL POSSIBILITIES.
5. I AM AN ARTIST, ART HAS NO COLOR AND NO SEX.
6. I’M A BIG OLD EGOTISTICAL BABY AND THAT’S OKAY. I CAN ACCEPT IT.
7. I WANT CARL SAGAN TO EXPLAIN THE SKY TO ME.
8. EVERYTHING FOR ME IS VISUAL. THAT’S JUST HOW MY HEAD WORKS.
9. THINGS HAPPEN TO YOU OUT OF LUCK, AND IF YOU GET TO STICK AROUND IT’S BECAUSE YOU’RE TALENTED.
10. AN ACTRESS CAN ONLY PLAY A WOMAN. I’M AN ACTOR, I CAN PLAY ANYTHING.